Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Happy Halloween!


Here are before and after shots of my pumpkin. Can you guess which is which? It was a monster that weighed at least one hundred and fifty punds, maybe two hundred (at that size they just eye ball it for sale price). It was difficult to handle, definately a two person job, and I'm a nineteen year old, six foot tall, two hundred pound young man. The pumpkin must have weighed about two hundred pounds. Even after carving it was quite a task for two.  

3 Comments:

At 7:53 AM, Blogger z. said...

That's a nice looking pumpkin you got there. I don't think I could do something so intricate.

Hey, you might should allow anonymous comments so people who are not registered with blogger can leave you a comment. You can always turn it off later if people are posting you a bunch of garbage or spam here.

 
At 2:40 PM, Blogger zanthir said...

Done. Thanks for the tip.

 
At 3:07 PM, Blogger zanthir said...

It wasn't that hard really. I took a drawing I did of my cat, drew a circle, and started coloring it with colored pencils. At first it was only connected at the left ear and neck but when I did a second draft it seemed natural to make more connections as it seemed to add some balance and support. Also I've carved some semi-intricate pumpkins like this before (not that I've drawn myself unitl now) so I knew what carving it would involve and planned to have plenty of support. All in all it was really a fun project. Thanks for the feedback though!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home