Wednesday, December 08, 2004

More on Elves and Geekery

I've always been attracted to elves. I like to play elves in RPGs, and have always been a fan of elves in Magic the Gathering (a card game). In the spirit of geekery I do anticipate the PC game "Dungeons and Dragons" a MMORPG. I have played many of hours of text based online MMORPG type games called MUDs, or multi user domains. Especially when I was in middle school and early high school it was one of my favorite hobbies. Sadly few people whom I physically socialized with found this as exciting as me, so I did some Star Wars D&D style RPGs (you know with pencil and paper etc.), and CCGs. When that got old I picked up MTG which I played in elementary school using my older siblings cards. This time I bought my own cards. Recently I was reminded of these hobbies of my past when I stumbled onto this article) from The Wave Magazine. It seems I have had four of the top ten "dorkiest" hobbies: CCGs, RPGs, Star Wars, and MMORPGs. Okay they only mentioned Everquest, not all MMORPGs, so I guess it's only 3.

I have three of ten. Any one of these is considered hugely humiliating and damaging to one's social life. I haven't felt the impact. Geeks rule anyways. Lately I've seen much publicity for geeks so I feel it is safe to reveal myself. I am a geek.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home