Saturday, May 08, 2010

OpenSolaris

I just installed OpenSolaris on a new "budget conscious" (read "cheap") machine I built. I took my a while to figure out I needed to uninstall the default network (nge) driver and install a new network driver.

Sorry, I had some trouble getting it online. (If I want to be popular - i.e. number 1 search result, I should speak in layman's terms!) But I'm up and running now.

I want to do a bunch of cool stuff on it, like host a database, and host a game I plan on making.

The game is going to be Psychic Ball. I need to figure out what I need to do to secure rights to the name, etc. (I know, it's pretty stupid to be writing about it online, but I tend to be a fly by the seat of my pants, reckless, kind of guy.) Anyways, I want to get a game server up and running to host databases etc. for that game on this machine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home