Monday, February 28, 2005

On a Winning Streak

Last weekend, February 18th through 20th, Meli and I each won a family poker game, me at my sister Rebbi's house, and Meli at my house. That weekend between I won a seventy-two dollar first prize and Meli won a fourty-five dollar first prize for a combined cash total of one hundred and seventeen dollars. I was so excited, and last week I was going to post about that, but didn't finish writing and now I have more to say.

This Friday, February 25th Rebbi and Brad, Rebbi's husband, had another poker night, with two games, one starting at 6:00 and one at 10:00, and I won the first game. By the time it was over, all but Niva, who came in second place, and I were playing in the second game. Niva and I were content to just watch this one. I won three dollars more that night than I won the week before. To celebrate I bought Melissa and myself breakfast at little breakfast diner Saturday, and later that night we sharred tea and espresso cake with a friend at our favorite cafe, the Dragonfly Coffee Company. It's funny, I say I do certain things with my winnings, like save it, or pay bills, but instead I end up spending my winnings celebrating that I won, and having a generally good time in the process, which is okay with me. I'll just keep my day job to pay bills and save up, for now. I feel proud of winning at Rebbi and Brad's House twice in a row, because to me it says that I have the skills to turn a little luck into a winning night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home