Monday, January 03, 2005

Education of sorts

Grandma's Attic is my workplace. The descriptions of a large portion of the inventory for sale on the web are mine. That, and the images to accompany them, are pretty much the whole of what I am in charge of at my job. I am not a great writer. I am enthusiastic at times, and I do have glimpses of greatness but my love is in other areas of creativity. Drawing, math, computer animation, photography: these are things I am more passionate about. In High School I studied computer aided drafting for three years, the third of which was not so much CAD but more animation. I wonder now if I could get copies of the finished renderings of my class projects. I would like that. It was in independant study class of sorts. At the end the year my teacher made a proposition: If I could solve a certain block puzzle I'd been working (unsuccessfully) on in under two minutes before the final, I could skip the last day of class. It was a good time (I figured it out). I would have loved to take a fourth year, but I didn't out of laziness. I'm dancing down memory lane because I've decided to go back to school. Take some classes that will serve me in enhancing my skills to do the things that I love. I'm not even sure what classes those will be or which specific things I love they will be enhancing, but I know that it is what I want. This is a good place to have discussion, I'm craving some kind of social intimacy. It even seems awkward to me, but I invite everyone to post comments to any and all of my posts. I'm honest and real, as much as I know how. My intent is to share my open heart and create from it. This is good for my intent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home