Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Oh Christmas Tree

I find myself checking my own page to see if it's been updated. Silly me! I'm updating mostly because I'd really like to see my site updated again. I'll have to thank myself fot the update after this. Oh look! Shiny.

This is the tree that Meli and I purchased together. We were driving around about a week ago and decided it would be fun to have a tree. We bought it from some guy working out of a tiny little trailer. It was marked 29 dollars but they took 26 (that's all we had on us). We strung six strands of lights around the tree (which stands about four feet tall) and hung about eight boxes of colored glass ball ornaments from its branches. It looks so beautiful as it sits on a perfectly sized table in Meli's parents living room. We planned on putting it in Meli's bedroom, but it seemed like a better fit to put it in the living room where everyone could enjoy it (also we convinced her mom to reimburce us). Wait! Meli got all of that reimburcement money! There's a score to settle now. Anyways doesn't it look lovely decorated so extravagantly? We had some problems with the lights at first, but after seperating the strands so they aren't piggy-backing the current from eachother and replacing some fuses it's been great. Also I carefully threaded the lights through the points of the star so that it light up brilliantly at the top. Meli and I had so much fun decorating it, and we plan to have just as much fun piling the presents under it. We're having a really great holiday season. I hope you are too.

3 Comments:

At 2:13 PM, Blogger zanthir said...

Gee! Thanks for the update! I've been checking here regularly and it's nice to see a short burst of updates. I hope it continues.

 
At 8:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your tree looks really nice. I'm glad you updated your site too!

 
At 2:55 PM, Blogger zanthir said...

Please note: This is how the tree looked after repairing the lights twice. First we had to replace a fuse in the string of lights. Second, we had to replace a bulb, and third, I'm not sure what happen, but I suspect that there was a loose connection and in the process of trying to determine what the problem was I wiggled the right bulb or fuse or whatever and it was fixed. Anyways, each time we've had to redecorate the part of the tree which burns out, so the tree looks a little different after each repair. Just an interesting tid bit I felt like sharing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home