Tuesday, January 25, 2005

School is definately fun.

This last weekend I was very concerned about writing an essay. Since high school ended (almost two years ago) I've only taken math and science classes to further my education until now. Needless to say, those math and science classes I took did not require any formal writing. So, for my writing class today a rough draft of our first essay was due, and I was very nervous. I feel great now though, because durring the class was an editing workshop, and I got very positive feedback about my essay. Not that I was in the most critical of audiences, but it felt uplifiting to hear that someone thought my ideas were really inspiring. I don't even know the name of the girl who read my essay, but her face seemed to light up when she started talking to me about the ideas. The only problem was I never really explained the main subject of my writing. That makes me feel good, because it won't be hard to find a place to put that in.

The next step is letting Meli's mom (Grandma from Grandma's Attic) have a hack at editing it. Meli insists that I do it, and I know it will be good for me, and since I got some good feedback today in class, I'll open myself up to whatever good ol' Grandma Rachel has to say about it. (I've heard when papers come her way, they leave soaking in red ink as if blood stained from a mortal wound.)

Honestly though, I'm having a great time and I look forward to what she has to say. I know that it will only increase the power of my expression to have a seasoned editor refining my document. I really could spend a lot of time improving the already great work I have (my, don't I have a bloated ego). So, hopefully I'll be mindful enough to tell you how it went after I let her have a hack at it. Also, please comment if you would like to see a post of my essay (probably not in this blog, but I could post it somewhere else) or just to say hi. Comments are fun. I promise.

1 Comments:

At 12:21 PM, Blogger z. said...

Hi there!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home